Thursday, October 23, 2008

Say

I got a really meaningful voicemail from my sister yesterday.  She called to say all those things you never really say to people for fear of being too mushy.  It was good to hear, because you know when people say things like that out of the blue they're not doing it for any selfish reason whatsoever.  

She's really worked hard in the last several months to improve herself and her life.  It wasn't even anything drastic, but really more just a shift in her state of mind which has allowed her to be a LOT happier.  It's good to see the people you care about doing well.

I guess every family has their drama and skeletons, but it's your own that always seems like the worst.  I'm very blessed to have a family that can work through junk like that.  I've learned a lot from all the little (and big) issues over the years and I know they will make me a better husband and father.

So to everybody that may come back and read this one day, know that even if I didn't say it explicitly, I meant to.  Even if I didn't tell you everyday, it's not because it wasn't true.  I can only hope that my actions have been (and will be) indicative of the words I did or meant to say.

P.S. Thanks for the song/blog title John Mayer.

1 comment:

Karthik Mahadevan said...

I agree with your thoughts! Continue writing.

Karthik