Thursday, October 16, 2008

Opening MLONF's

What is a MLONF? We'll cover that in another blog (probably titled 'What is a MLONF?')

I've put off starting this blog because I kept telling myself I'd put it on topwake.com, but never did. So here I be!

I started this blog really as just a place to get all my thoughts out. I see the nifty video icon above and have webcam capabilities (it's a super power of mine), so I'm hoping to add some vlogs too. I hope to cover topics ranging from tech to totally insane. I'll start with the latter just so this opening will have some actual content.

Stories from the road:
backdrop - I drove from 4 hours yesterday. I've included 3 interesting notes from my trip. These don't really serve any purpose. I'm just rambling.

1. Questionable Petunias: Wildflowers grow along certain parts of Bama interstate. They're nice to look at... except when they're not growing any flowers. Then they just look like cannibas. Now, I don't do drugs - I never have. But at that point, even I was thinking, "Boy, it sure would be nice to pull over and smoke a bowl."

2. Do you need one that big?: twss (sorry couldn't resist) But to the point - I stopped at Pilot in Meridian to get fuel and a drink. sidenote - gas was $2.79, woot! There was a sign on the window "Mgr's Special - 44oz - 99¢". I went to the fountain and reach for the bottom of the cup dispenser and grabbed one, (they got bigger as you went down) thinking surely no one would need more than 44 bleepin oz of Coke Zero. But to my utter shock and amazement I held in my hand what I can only describe as a 'barrel'. It was an 88oz souvenier...jug!!! JC and his good friend Peter!!! 88oz?!?! Who the F needs that much drink? My bladder would explode and I'm a pretty decent traveler. But I digress.

3. Shortcut: Apparently there was a giant wreck on I-20/59 that shut down the roadway completely. So traffic was being diverted through exit 17 - Livingston. And I said to myself what I guarantee no one has ever said before "Thank God it's at the Livingston exit." I used to go to school at UWA so I knew my way around. I rolled through campus admiring the... scenery and stopped at Dandy Don's for a double bacon chee. "Dandy Don's - Nobody beats our meat!" Anywho, I got back on the road and ended up 10 cars ahead of where I left the traveling parking lot. Double Score!!!

Congratulations on reading my first blog post. I'm sure you're a better person for it.

No comments: